Swimmer Ellie Simmonds Wins Fourth World Championship Gold

Simmonds also claimed her third world record of the week as she secured the S6 100m freestyle crown in 1:15.97. "I am on such a high right now," said Simmonds.

"I have won four gold medals and I am so happy. I haven't broken that world record since 2009 and I feel actually good to have done it here. "It was fine to come into the race and get the gold and back up my success from Beijing." Louise Watkin lastly upgraded one of her silvers - and got the better of South Africa's Natalie du Toit - to win the S9 50m freestyle in 29.26 secs.

"I am just speechless," she said. "This is such an astonishing feeling and I just don't want it to end. "I saw her at the halfway point and just required to make sure I beat her. Everything just went right tonight and I couldn't be more contented right now."

Dave Roberts was pushed all the way in the S7 100m freestyle and he took his victory on the touch after rotating at the 50m mark in fifth place. The multi-Paralympic champion stormed through the final 50m to catch Australia's Matthew Levy and the Brit stole the victory at the wall.

"After the year I have had I am happy with that," he said. "I wanted that win and the way my week has gone I thought it may not come off tonight but I just put my head down and went for it. I didn't wait for anyone to go that quick so I am delighted to take home the gold." Bookmark and Share